Dear Nutrishare Consumers
The recent information on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the guidelines from the CDC are important for all of us but especially for people who are at risk of more severe illness – which includes older adults (>60y) and people with severe underlying chronic medical conditions (heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, or other conditions which weaken the immune system).
Nutrishare has no anticipated interruption to deliveries. We are in close contact with our suppliers and delivery providers (primarily UPS and Fed-Ex). We have not experienced any disruptions and are fully operational.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE:
1. CLEAN YOUR HANDS OFTEN
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
2. AVOID CLOSE CONTACT
• Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
• To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
3. AVOID ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL
• Avoid public transportation including plane trips as much as possible.
• Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces. Your risk of exposure to respiratory viruses like COVID-19 may increase in crowded, closed settings with little air circulation if there are people in the crowd who are sick.
4. HAVE SUPPLIES ON HAND
• Your nutrition and supplies from Nutrishare should not be interrupted as these are shipped via UPS or Fed-Ex. These planes have no passengers and packages are delivered by individuals. The CDC states “the Coronavirus is spread most often by respiratory droplets and does not survive long on objects such as letters or packages.”
• Contact your healthcare provider to ask about obtaining extra necessary non-infusion medications to have on hand in case there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community and you need to stay home for a prolonged period of time.
• Be sure you have over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies (tissues, etc.) to treat fever and other symptoms. Most people will be able to recover from COVID-19 at home.
• Have enough household items and groceries on hand so that you will be prepared to stay at home for a period of time.
In addition to these precautions, please know that Nutrishare has implemented a number of internal policies designed to protect our consumers and our staff. We have been working for weeks now to make sure our supply chain remains robust and to anticipate other unexpected events related to this as well as other occurrences.
Remember – contact your physician if you develop flu-like symptoms.
For the latest information check out: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Rod Okamoto, RPh
President, Nutrishare, Inc